Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let us Give Thanks...

...to the Lord for He is Good... (1Chron. 16:34)

Wow. Thanksgiving 2009 has arrived (well, in less than 2hrs it will). I cannot believe another year has come and gone. So much has happened in a years time and I have SO much to be thankful for. I don't even know where to begin. I think I will tackle this list-wise {yes, Humphrey Happenings, I'm copying your format...love you!}:

1. The selfless compassion, mercy, and love of my beautiful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. {I wish everyone could know and understand how awesome He is and the indescribable peace and life-change that comes with truly knowing Him...ask me about it sometime!}

2. Music {I would probably go a little cray-cray without it.}

3. BigBoy {I don't know what I would do without those cuddle moments with him...and his occasional frisky moods where he actually PLAYS **WHAT?!?!**}

4. My amazing friends {You all know who you are; you were there when I felt most alone and when I felt most surrounded; when I was most saddened, and most overjoyed; you have simply been there when I needed encouragement or a wake-up smack upside the head - I love you all dearly.}

5. My family {You have given me the tools to become the woman I am today; your unending support will always mean the world to me.}

6. Chocolate {nuff said}

7. Honey Nut Cheerios/Toasty-Os {Heaven in a bowl of soy milk? I think yes.}

8. Cornelius!! {Even when you get sick, I am still ever so thankful every time you feel up to carting me around town, across the state, or across states}

9. Little Bubba and Tevye {Y'all kids are cool in my book}

10. Black licorice {Call me crazy, I think it's divine}

11. Sopapilla cheesecake

12. Layne's {Oh I will miss those delicious strips and sauce...}

13. Texas A&M University {Yeah, I said it, but seriously without this place my life would be nowhere near as amazing as it is}

14. Festive decorating {I so cannot wait to have own "nest" to festive-ify}

15. Missions

16. Child sponsorship

17. Grimm {The beloved four-legged friend of the Humphrey Happenings gang...I so love being "Fun Aunt Heather"!}

18. Spending hours in the kitchen {Seriously, some nights I just decide to not go to bed and bake or cook something instead...seriously.}

19. Blogging

20. Pictures {I will be a better photographer before I'm 25...running out of time, yikes!}

21. Arts & Crafts {Especially if it's gifts for other peoples...just makes my heart glad.}

22. Gardening/Potting plants {Something about it is just amazingly soothing to me}

23. Hiking around the great outdoors {This includes camping - I love getting dirty and feeling alive, there is absolutely nothing like it.}

24. Sitting with my family around me {The oldest of my two younger brothers is currently crashed on the loveseat next to me, with BigBoy wedged between us - this is absolute perfection.}

25. Discussing the love of Jesus with my siblings and friends {Especially when they get it!}

26. Candles...candles...and more candles.

27. Glade plug-ins Lavender-Vanilla {Smells like my home}

28. Tobias {My parents' newest four-legged family member...probably the most precious dachshund ever - I'm just saying...I'm totally stealing him when I move to the Land of 10,000 Lakes...shhh!! Don't tell my parents!!!}

29. The jokes on the wrappers of Laffy Taffy which provided for a much needed study break for me and Alyssa.

30. Firelight digital short {This can brighten ANYone's day.}

31. My damask laptop sleeve {It makes me ridiculously happy...maybe too happy...}

32. Dates with Mrs. Humphrey {Someone call the vet!!}

33. Living Hope {My walk would not be growing, strengthening, and moving the way it is now without the incredible preaching of truth, example, accountability, and genuine love exhibited there - such a glorious blessing to my life.}

34. Fireside Chai Tea {Gypsy Teas...woah dang, it's like Christmas in your mouth!!}

35. Elf {Need I say more??}

36. The EVER APPROACHING day of GRADUATION!!!

37. PJ pants {There's just something about them}

38. Prayer {Speechless}

39. Breakaway Ministries {Life changing}

40. Mountain Biking {More specifically having the privilege to learn in Rachel's class and getting to know her and her heart for the Lord over the course of this semester - I can't believe it's over!}

41. Winter weather/snow {I'll be with you soon!!}

42. Long phone calls with far-away friends {So amazingly wonderful}

43. Pea Coats {Especially if they are of the plum plaid genre - yum}

44. "Affordable" airfare

45. Long drives by myself *without a working radio* that force me to think and talk to God.

46. Decorator tables {The possibilities are endless!}

47. Being 4.5 essay questions away from being done with my course-by-correspondence!

48. Healing.

49. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade {I cannot wait.}

50. Having time to sit and reflect on the blessings of life and sharing them with whomever desires to read them {I love reading other lists like this because they remind me of the little things I sometimes forget to be thankful for}

Well all, tomorrow calls for some early rising as I will be spending the entire day in the kitchen **WHOOP!** preparing a killer Thanksgiving Day Feast - don't you worry, I will document it and share it with you at some point. I'm trying some new recipes this year, too, so I'll let you know how those go.

Blessings and love to you all!
~MW

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...