Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

JOYS!

Happy Sunday, lovelies.


"The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation"
Ps. 18:46

What a beautiful promise: The LORD lives.  How awesome is that?!  That right there is enough to make any day a joyful one.

It's a wonderfully dreary, drizzly, overcast day here in the Soggy Tundra.  That's right...it's finally beginning to melt, which makes for quite a soggy time right now.  But, I love it!  Momma, it feels more and more like I'm living in a Beatrix Potter story every day - and I absolutely love it!  I don't love the 5-10min it takes me to wipe down Jakers after we come in from a stroll outside, but I can deal with that  :)  I'm really enjoying the unveiling of spring here.  It's so refreshing and beautiful.  Don't get me wrong, we still have mountains of snow all over the place, but they are beginning to melt and there are patches of green grass and green mosses all over the place right now.  And, the chickadees...they are everywhere!  I've even heard a few gaggles of geese flying overhead the last week.  SPRING IS IN THE AIR!  Glory!

OK, clearly I love this season change and could talk about it forever, so I will digress  :)

How about some joys?  Sound like a plan?  Grood  :)


Monday, 7 March 2011 - RH lectured about Hymenoptera...seriously made my day.

Tuesday, 8 March 2011 - Free lunch for the grad students!!  Hooray! for guest seminar speakers  :)

Wednesday, 9 March 2011 - Had a hilarious conversations with the Markster all via email subject lines...seriously made my day...we are that kind of nerdy up here, haha.

Thursday, 10 March 2011 - One final go 'round with the Linnaean Games team before NCB...we always have a blast at our practices...man, I'm a nerd  ;)

Friday, 11 March 2011 - Took a nap!!  And it was glorious.

Saturday, 12 March 2011 - Spring cleaning!  Dusted, swept, mopped, cleaned windows, the whole shebang...always makes me happy as a lark. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARKSTER!

Sunday, 13 March 2011 - Day one of NCB!!  It was super fun to see some old, familiar faces and all the new ones filling up the conference center.  Even though we got totally served at the Linnaean Games that was still a blast, as well.

Monday, 14 March 2011 - Poster presentation? Check!  It went really well and I had a blast talking about my long lost wasps...you can think I'm crazy, it's fine  ;)

Tuesday, 15 March 2011 - UMN took home 5 awards at the awards ceremony!  Two for some 10min talks, and three for posters.  Represent!

Wednesday, 16 March 2011 - Phone date with Dr. Wharton.  He always brightens my day  :)

Thursday, 17 March 2011 - St. Paddy's Day!!!  Making meals with friends is always wonderful.

Friday, 18 March 2011 - Stroll through the woods with the pup and good friends.

Saturday, 19 March 2011 - Coffee date with Christine.  Oh how I do love my German  :)



And there you have it, lovelies.  Two weeks of joy!

What's been bringing joy to your life lately?

Be blessed in the Lord!
~MW

3 comments:

Jenn and Michael said...

reading your blog brings me joy! i am so happy you are doing something you love. and i miss you A TON but i love that you are having an incredible adventure!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

yay! i finally got mine posted today. oops. our trip to livingstone kind of got in the way of that last week. hehe. love and miss you!

Brian said...

OK, I am tired just from reading your blog...time to slow down for a moment...ok, now breathe deeply....one more time...ok, back to the races!

love ya,

Dad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...