Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pizza and Honey and Screams...Oh My!

Happy Halloween/Happy Reformation!

Weekends like this one make me beyond happy. Why? They involve people. Not just people, but people who I thoroughly enjoy! Weekends like this one also involve food! And adventures! And memories! And, and, and...just plain awesome!

Friday we had our departmental Halloween Party down at the honey house (a house where we used to process our "honey harvest"), and I must say it was quite fun. But, anytime there's free pizza + free sodas + free beers + free candy + entomologists it's bound to be a night full o' fun. There was even a pumpkin carving contest! I didn't carve one, but it was way fun to see the creativity of the department shine :) I think my favorite part, aside from all the free stuff and mingling, just might have been this neato little ghost guy who kept going back and forth along a wire in a very zombie-esque fashion...complete with some cow-esque moaning...glorious! I wish I had a picture of this thing. It was awesome. There was also a roaming foot. Yuuup, a foot...that was roaming... We deemed it Thing's (from the Addams Family) cousin ;) But, the best thing EVER, in my humble opinion was the acquisition of this beautiful bucket of golden, yummy goodness:


This my fabulous readers is about 2lbs of beautiful, fresh Minnesota honey!!!
I love honey :)


After the departmental party a number of us decided to mosey on over to Matt and Judy's for a low-key continuation of the hanging out. Meg and I ran back to my apartment to grab Jakers so he and Dex could play while us peoples palyed. The pups were a touch overstimulated with all the peoples, but they did fine overall. We had a great night sprinkled with periodic shouts of, "What song is this?" or, "Who sings this?" from behind Matt's laptop...not to mention the occasional blasting of Beyonce - priceless. The random bursting into song from anyone of us at any given time was pretty great, too.

Saturday consisted of sleeping in, some cleaning, a touch of studying, Skyping (of course!), hangin', and then...screaming...and lots of it. A bunch of us from the department decided to go to Scream Town (gulp!). While there was a great amount of screaming and pushing and pulling through haunted woods and haunted corn mazes and the like...eeps! Let's just say we all bonded quite a bit that night...quite a bit. Oh man, I don't know if the near incessant screaming or the incessant laughing resulted in more soreness for us all. I will say that my throat is rather scratchy today :) We had a blast though (the blast more followed the events of the night...unless your name is Matt or Corey...then you just had fun scaring everyone else all night...punks).


And here we all are!! Fun times in the FT :)

Everyone headed back to my place after we had sufficiently screamed our lungs out and gathered up some foods to partake in. We had a nice close to the night...just hangin' out and settling our somewhat frazzled nerves :) It was really fun having everyone over - I love having people in my home. Definitely one of my favorite things ever :)

Today was another good day. Skyping + homework + laundry + church + recuperating = GROOD (Great & Good!)!


So what did YOU do for YOUR Halloween/Reformation weekend??

Hope you all had a blessed Sunday.

Lots of love from the FT.
Shalom!
~MW

7 comments:

Jake said...

Hey, I am glad that you made it through the scary, crazy, pitch dark madness. I still don't completely get what compels someone to voluntarily go through such a place but, I am glad that you had a good time. You and that honey, I think that I would have been disappointed if I had not seen a picture of it on your blog, haha. Very happy that you had a fabulous weekend. I am still pretty psyched that skype got it's very own '(of course)' :) I hope that your week is as beautiful as your weekend has been!

alyssa said...

Wonderful! It brings me joy to see you having fun in the FT! Speaking of honey, my mom taught me this week that if you eat the honey of the local area, then it helps with allergies! Also, in a previous post, you wrote about being on lake minnetonka, which I have spent many of days on because my Grandma lives on a lake that is connected to it! Man, I've got to come up there so that I can introduce you to my family!! ANyway, happy november!

Miss Willow said...

Jake: Peer-pressure...peer-pressure...I caved. That's all there is to it :) And, thank you! I'm hoping for a pretty week, too :]

Alyssa!: Hahaha...I didn't see this 'til after our phone chat...you didn't have to listen to me tell you all about my weekend after you had already read about it, silly girl :) And yes, local honey is way helpful in the allergies department, especially if it's raw honey. PLEASE come up here for a visit. I would SO love that. Happy November to you too, my lovely!!

Mom and Pop Pry said...

All of it sounds like fun except the Scream Town part. I'm admitting here that I'm a scaredy cat, but I'm glad you had fun.
The picture of your wonderful honey reminds me of when I was a little girl at my grandparents ranch in Fischer, Texas (hill country). They had bees and when they harvested the honey we had it in a beautiful crystal square dish on the table. I'm telling you that the sight of the morning sunlight coming through the lace curtains on the window and passing through that honey was truly awe-inspiring...and, of course, the honey was yummy too!!
I really enjoy reading your blog, Heather...you must be a blast to be around...a good blast. :)Hope your week is blessed sweet girl. MomPry xxxoooxxx

Miss Willow said...

Mom Pry: Scream Town was a stretch for me, to say the least...there were definitely tears in my eyes towards the end of the night my nerves were so shot - but once we got home and were able to process everything and laugh about it all it was fun :) Ummm....I want to have bees "when I grow up" sooo so badly! I just love them and well...you already know I love honey! I'm glad you enjoy the blog, and thank you so much for the encouragement - hope your week is a blessed one, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather! I LOVE YOU! Glad you had such a wonderful Halloween and you're getting to have a social life while you slave away in school!
Can't wait to see you over Christmas break!!!!!

Miss Willow said...

Mak!! I LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait to see YOU over Christmas break...I want that to be right now soooo very badly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...