Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Housing Update #3


OK, kids...this update isn't as cheery as the others have been, sadly.

The J-Man found out today that he did not receive any financial aid from the U, so, unfortunately, that means he will be staying home.

My Dad called me to break the news and initially I was OK, saddened that I wasn't going to get to tackle next year's adventures with my kid brother, but OK.  And, then...the attention got turned to me.  My dad asked, "So, what does this mean for you?"  Cue uncontrollable tear flowage.  I could hardly get words out to answer him.  I was thrown back to this near exact situation last year and simply felt over-whelmingly lost.  

What does this mean for me?

Well...I have a few options, I reckon. 
1) I can bite the bullet and move on the duplex in the hopes of finding another roommate (yeah, craigslist...!)
2) I can start over looking for 1 bedrooms again.

I had to "chuckle" almost immediately when Dad called and told me, because just this morning I put in my notice to vacate...haha, awesome.  Fortunately, I do still have my current apartment until the end of September.

So...here we are again: square one.

Continued prayers in this area would be much appreciated.  I will keep you posted as things develop.

Please also continue to keep Joshua in your prayers...it wasn't an easy decision for him to stay.  Now he has the task of finding a place of his own back home and re-adjusting his mindset to make the most of his current situation.  He will also need the Lord's provision regarding a job for this coming year.

Thanks so much for praying along with us with all of this.

Hope this post finds you well  =)

Shalom,
~MW

P.S. - on a brighter note: 1.5ish days 'til my BFF gets here!!

1 comment:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

oh, friend. so sorry to hear that. i know that Lord has got you in His palm and this little hiccup in plans is part of His directing you. still praying! love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...