Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

ONE MORE WEEK.....

....UNTIL I GET TO SEE THIS GORGEOUS GIRL!!!




I absolutely cannot wait to see my sweet, sweet Elaine.  She emailed me a few weeks ago and pitched the idea of coming to see me the end of July/beginning of August...with a possibility like that I could hardly contain my excitement!  A few days later she sent me her flight itinerary!!!  I nearly peed my pants...like for serious.  Ok, so not really, but I think the imagery helps to get the extent of my excitement across  ;)

Elaine and I have been besties since college and I don't get to see her enough.  The above picture was made possible by Mak and Wes getting hitched (you can see some pictures from that trip to Texas here and you can read allllll about it here.) - thanks, kids!!

This lady and I began our friendship at the very tail-end of my sophomore year at A&M.
Yeah, Phi Lamb Frush!  I'm pretty sure this was the first time 
we actually met each other

We were blessed to have a little time together before she went off and graduated and moved off to Baylor for her grad program.  Fortunately for us, Baylor is about the half-way point on the trip to/from the Dallas area (home!) to Aggieland (second home!), so I got to see her just about every time I took a weekend trip home from Aggieland - blessings!!!!  Our friendship grew tremendously during that time apart and I loved my pit-stops on that 3.5hr drive.  During our friendship we have encouraged and prayed each other through numerous trials, "suffered" a spring break road trip to Colorado (from which I returned with a fractured arm...baller.)


 survived (quite literally) some awesome New Year's Eve parties,


"endured" her engagement party (so fun!),

"survived" her wedding day (gooorgeous bride! I so loved being your moh, lovely, such a privilege.),

made it through not seeing each other and having super conflicting schedules that disallowed frequent communication, and so, so much more.

This girl is truly a for-life-friend.  I am so blessed by her.  She is an incredible daughter of the King, and her encouragement is something I cannot even begin to describe.



I can't wait to show her around the not-so-Frozen Tundra and introduce her to my life here.  Hopefully someday we'll be able to do life together from not so far away  :)

See you soon, lovely!
~MW

4 comments:

shawna b said...

wow, you guys look like sisters

Miss Willow said...

Haha, yeah...we get that ALL the time - kind of awesome :)

Elaine P said...

HAHAHA. That's because God intended us to be sisters later in life since he didn't give us any to grow up with. And I seriously cannot freakin wait to see you on Saturday and see your world (even if it is that world that keeps you from me). Also, I rather support your last comment "Hopefully someday we'll be able to do life together from not so far away," because we just never quite have!

P.S. I LOVE YOU!!!

Miss Willow said...

Hahaha, so true, love, so true - and I am so blessed to call you sister :)
And I SERIOUSLY CANNOT FREAKING WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! SOOOO SOOOOON!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...