Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sweet Summer Time

I can't wait to have kids so that I can make one of these with them:

Courtesy of whatever...


I came across this beauty a few weeks ago in my perusings and fell in love with it.  While I haven't drawn up my own summer list, I have had quite the summer thus far:

- Trip to Tejas for a wedding, complete with lots of visits with my Texas loves, and LOTS of Tex-Mex!
- Cirque du Soliel - Ovo
- Went to a high school graduation and helped with the graduation party (all for SW's oldest kiddo who now works in the insect museum with me!)
- Helped run a successful, though chilly, BioBlitz
- Hosted an eggroll making party (AWESOME fun!)
- Played a departmental game of kickball, complete with bbq!!
- Big bday bbq bash for all of our June bday peoples, complete with fire!!!
- Went to a comedy club - haven't laughed that hard in a long time
- Canoed around the lake with my McQueen's and Meg...Jakers had a blast doggy-paddling around...it took him some getting used to, though  ;)
- 4th of July parade and picnic!!!  It was very Pollyana  :)
- Rockin' 4th of July bbq over in Uptown and got to watch all of the fireworks shows all around town, sooo amazing
- Went on a canoe trip over in Wisconsin.  Saw so many bald eagles!!  It was incredible.
- Lab bbq at RH's awesome home...I could sit in that backyard forever, I'm pretty sure
- Strolled around one evening with one of my sweet friends and her sweet baby
- Made my way a little ways west to hang over at Kreutter's grandma's place on the lake.  Had an absolute blast hanging out with her fam and Jakers looooved swimming and playing outside all day
- Have so loved hitting up the farmers market each week with Callie and anyone else who can make it

And, the summer isn't quite over yet!!  Woohoo!


~-~-~-~-~-~-~


Sunday was way fun, because Kreutter spent the day with me and I got to introduce her to a few of my FT bugdorks.  Everyone met up over at my place bright and early and we made our way downtown for some breakfast at a sweet little place just down from the market.  Check out what was hanging from the ceiling!!!

That's right...that's totally a griffon skeleton!!!  Baller.
 The gang - they so make me happy :)

I love the market...it makes me incredibly happy and the produce is outstanding.  Here's a little (un-edited) taste of what one visit will give you in the way of fresh, local, organic produce+ for just $10:

Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Lettuce ($2)! Half of a $5 bouquet! Decorative cabbage 
(from the $5 bouquet) in a globe bowl! The other half of the $5 bouquet! 
$1 worth of basil plants! A dozen golden potatoes ($2) that I baked up 
with olive oil, pepper, cumin, and Parmesan cheese - yum!

Ahhh, the farmers market...I just love it  :)
Ahem...for an example of just how much joy it gives me....I am going to allow you feast your eyes on this....as I cover my eyes in shame...I just get so excited!!

OK, so, in my defense...there was another picture being taken from above at this 
point in time...  See?  Look at Mark, sitting next to me, he's making a goofy 
face, too!  ;)  We were all sitting on the horse-drawn wagon riding back to 
the parking lot.  How much more fun could a trip to the market get?!


I have another treat for y'all!

A video of Jakers out at the lake!!


All-in-all, we had an absolute blast this weekend  :)
And, this upcoming weekend should be just as stellar - Saints game tailgate party!

And then, the weekend after that Elaine comes to visit!!!!  

This summer, while it's had its low points, for sure, just keeps getting better and better and I can't wait to see how the rest of it turns out.

Alrighty kids, I'm outty for now.

Lots of love!
Shalom,
~MW

1 comment:

Elaine P said...

My favorite part of this post was that you referenced Pollyanna : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...