Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Housing Update!

maybe...!

Happy Monday, all!

I haven't officially blogged about the housing situation...like, why I'm moving, what I'm looking for and all that jazz, but I have talked to a number of you about it and I am so thankful for all of your prayers up 'til now - please keep 'em comin'!

Some quick updates on the situ:
- It is pretty much certain that my little bro J-Man will be moving up here in August!
- That said, it's pretty much certain that he and I will be living together this year!
- I'm locked-in at my current apartment until the end of September

OK, so I've been contacting some places here-and-there and I heard back from a seemingly awesome duplex (downstairs of a house that has been converted into a duplex - these types of places are all over up here, and they're pretty sweet).
- fairly affordable rent (I'm going to see if there's any chance they could drop the price $30-40 a month)
- landlord and wife are pet-lovers...so my critters are more than welcome!
- NO PET DEPOSIT/RENT!!
- super close to both the East Bank Campus (where Josh will most likely spend the majority of his time) and St. Paul Campus (where I "live")...we're talking biking distance for me, even walking distance for J-Man!
- would allow us to use the Minneapolis internet provider which is more than $30 cheaper than the internet providers in St. Paul!!

The list continues a bit.

Anywho, I'm taking a gander at the place tomorrow evening.  The only potential hitch in the plan is that the unit is available September 1...that's a month before I can move out of my current place...

Will you pray with me about this?

So, how can you pray?  A few ways:
1. That the landlord would be willing to allow a Sept. 30 (or Oct. 1) move-in date, or at the very least a Sept. 15 move-in.
2.  That he would also be willing to drop the monthly rent a little bit.
3.  That the Lord would move in this circumstance and make decisions clear.

Please also pray for Josh as he continues to work through the logistics of moving up to the Tundra from good ol' Tejas.

Alrighty, have to get back to work.  Y'all are awesome.  I'll keep you updated, fo sho!

Shalom!
~MW

2 comments:

Elaine P said...

Praying! Luckily God knows where you are supposed to live and He will orchestrate it all perfectly!

P.S. 5 days!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

most definitely praying! we're in that same crazy boat. good luck! let me know how things unfold! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...