Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

FRI-DAY!

Oh wow...I am so happy it's the weekend - I am totally and completely exhausted. That's all there is to it. However, I am totally and completely bummed out about not getting to go to school Monday morning and see those bright and beautifully shining faces...Ugh, I need to hurry up and finish grad school so I can work with kids FOREVER!! :)

Today was surprisingly exhausting for an exam day...probably had something to do with my being overly nice and grading the kids exams before the end of the day so they could know about where they stand for the quarter on their way out to spring break. I am very happy to say that most all of them passed their exams with flying colors!! I am so very proud of them. Bah, I don't want to leave them! I know I sound like a broken record this week, but I'm totally and completely beyond happy working with those darling, darling children.

I really hope I can sub for them again at some point. And, I really hope I can get some slots in GPISD before the school year is up - I'd love to try my hand at that district...and a public school.

Well, as today was my last day I was very blessed to get lots of love from the kiddos - I even got some hugs!!! Lots of notes on the white board, and lots of visits throughout the day. My room was completely full at lunch, as all the kids wanted to come eat lunch with Miss Cummins...wow. What a blessing! As much as I have griped at them this week, they still love me! So great. I had some kiddos in there yesterday, too, but even more today. And lots of visits after lunch and after school, too. I just love those kids!!

I was also blessed to visit with one of my old teachers today, as well. Such a sweet, dear man. He had his little boy with him, too - the last time I saw that child he was barely walking, and there he was talking and toddling along to his class across the way! I could hardly believe my eyes. And this teacher of mine is such a sweet, sweet man. Ah, he just melts my heart. It was wonderful to catch up with him. After school, while I was grading the last of my 7th period exams one of my little brothers' old teachers stopped by and we visited for a bit, too.

Today was just great, all-around. Blessings from and fun with the kiddos, and catching up with people who have touched my life - pure blessings from above.

And with that, I'm off for the night. Yes, it is not even 9pm on a Friday night and I am ready for bed. Perfection =)

Goodnight, all!
Shalom!
~MW

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...