Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ahhhh...contentment

***See EDIT at bottom***

So, it's Tuesday...not to crazy of a day, just another day...

But, today was positively wonderful. Pourquoi? Because, my dear ones, I was blessed to have an absolutely delightful lunch date with Miss Susie. Miss Susie is one of my greatest role models when it comes to living as a woman of God. She teaches the Reflections class at my church, and taught me when the same class when I was in high school. Reflections is, in a way, and for lack of a better term, a "charm course" for young women growing up in faith. It teaches girls to see themselves as daughters of the King, and to love the qualities and gifts He has given us as individuals. It also teaches how to act and present yourself as a poised and appropriate lady, when it comes to dress, hygiene, make-up, and some basic home presentation tips, as well. It's quite a rigorous course, but a lot of fun and a great period of learning - and Miss Susie has a wonderful gift that allows her to relate to junior high and high school aged girls. Anyways, I absolutely adore this woman and respect her more than I can describe to you here. She and I have been trying to get together to have a lunch/coffee date for the last 5 years or so...we finally did it! We went to Chuy's...yumm :) We talked and talked and talked, for a good two hours or so. It was so wonderful! We talked about some trials we've had, joys, "plans," and general chit-chat and catching up - it's hard to really catch up when you only have a few minutes here and there on Sundays/Wednesdays. Pure joy to simply visit with her.

Oh my gosh. Did anyone see Live! with Regis and Kelly today? Martin Short was co-hosting with Kelly and, wow - it was probably one of my favorite episodes of that show. I'm almost tempted to say Mr. Short should be Kelly's new co-host! Ok...I know that's asking a lot, and I do adore Regis, but Martin was so funny, yo! For example, they were discussing reality TV and Martin says this: I get bored with the celebration of ignorance...read a book. Brilliant; my thoughts exactly, Mr. Short!! How awesome that he said that, though! I was beaming with agreement.

I got to read more this afternoon and took a 2.5hr nap...I use that term loosely, for it was quite noisy in my house...my dad is loud :/ But it was still nice to just lay. I was super tired for some reason.

Tonight we had a committee meeting for the youth group's Valentine's Day Dinner Fundraiser thing-a-ma-bobber...I like being able to help out and it's nice to be treated as and thought of as an adult in the congregation that I "grew-up" in. After our little meeting it was down the hall to Bible study - we finished the book of Esther! Next week we decided we are going to start working our way through I Samuel - yay! One of my favorites.

And that, lovelies, was pretty much my day. Oh! One more thing before I forget: for all you crafty/nesty readers, take a gander at Nesting Place's newest blog. She has an awesome give-away going on, and if you don't like what she has up for grabs the website she's partnered with for this one is AwEsOmE!! Super great deals for scrapbooking/crafting/nesting in general :)

***EDIT: So...I goofed last night and totally left out about half of my shout-out paragraph...woops! The site with the scrapbooky stuff giveaway is The Idea Room, Nesting Place was a Daysprings giveaway, equally as awesome, I just totally left out the part about The Idea Room which was to correspond with the awesome site peachycheap.com, which has all the scrapbooking steals. So, there ya go...my baaad!***


With that, I'm off. Nighty-night.

Shalom,
~MW

1 comment:

Topher said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm SOOOO very excited to be able to read your blogs and stay up with you post college!! This is SUPER fantastic!! Ahh the memories...I saw a picture of Josh from lab and thought of you and I's many memories...early early Ring ticket getting, Ring GOTTEN picture, Movie watching at your casa, annnd HEB run-in!! Ah this is just the topping on the fatfree zero calorie cake! I'm glad to be following you and not so secretly, secretly stalking you! :) Love and miss you and can't wait for the next blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...