Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday! Friday! Tonight I'll party with my friends!

...Ok...so by friends I mean the wee ones, but it's all good - we're friends too :)

So, since Christmas the wee ones and I have been trying to complete all 5 seasons of LOST to prepare for the start of season 6 - all of our questions will finally be answered! {We hope...}

On that note I need to thank whoever sets the dates for when my favorite TV shows start back up, because starting LOST, the final season, on my bday is the BEST birthday present EvEr!!! So, thanks guys/gals! You're the best.

Anyways, when the boyos get home from school today we will begin the final push. We missed a week of watching while I was down in CS, so we are slightly behind...just slightly. But, we are almost half-way through season 3 and should get beyond that point tonight. We plan to watch LOST all weekend long, in and around our other activities. Like my shopping extravaganza with 'Chuck' and hopefully 'Rose', as well. BUT! We will finish the previous seasons by Feb 2 - we have no other option but to succeed in this...or else...well, we will just be failures...and a poor excuse for LOST fans. This would bring the utmost shame to our heads and family name...the utmost.

Ok, enough dramatics for today! On to other things.

Isn't it amazing how no matter what you are doing in any given season of your life Fridays are still that light at the end of the tunnel? I was thinking about this last night (of course, while watching LOST with the wee ones), and had to chuckle to myself: I don't do any kind of strenuous activity right now, I don't have a job that I hate (or even one that I enjoy - Fridays are still like gold then), I'm not in classes, I'm just tottering along doing whatever, whenever and yet, I still look forward to Friday with as much hope and excitement as if I were working or in school...maybe it's because I know I will get to spend more than a few rushed hours in the evenings with my little brothers... I don't really know, I just like Fridays, and think I always will, until they finally make the work week 4 days long, that is ;)

Yesterday I worked on ISD apps for subbing for 5 HOURS. 5 hours!! No joke!! {Maybe that's why I'm so excited about today...?} I don't want to look at another online application interface for like...oh, I don't know...ever! Ugh, but, they are complete, so that's a plus. I'm holding off on my AISD app, because they charge you for finger printing and some of the other districts don't. So, if I can get away with not paying for my finger printing, I will! And then I'll apply for AISD. Frugality prevails! Haha.

I also ran by James Avery yesterday to see if there was anything I could/wanted to exchange a charm for...I got a lovely ichthys charm for graduation, but it's a little bulky for my tastes and so wanted one that was little more dainty or something, but didn't really find anything that really jumped out at me. I contemplated getting a 2nd A&M charm, one that I could wear on a necklace chain (I already have one sautered on my charm bracelet)...I dunno if that's over-kill though. I was thinking it would be nice to have just the charm that I could wear whenever since I don't wear my charm bracelet all them time...but I can't decide. There was a lovely ichthys there that was kind of "swirly", meaning it had curly-ques and everything in it's design, but I just couldn't decide. Thoughts?? Suggestions??

Ok, ladies, here's a confession/question for you all: WHAT DEODORANT DO YOU USE?! For the last few months I have been sweating profusely (sorry boys...gross, I know, but whatever, such is life)...and I cannot seem to find one that keeps me at least somewhat dry...I just want a little dryness. Is that so much to ask?? Ugh, I don't even have to be doing anything and it feels like Niagara Falls under there - so not cool. My mom swears by Mitchum Clear Gel, and I've been using that to no avail...I've tried the "prescription strength" stuff, and haven't really had any luck there either. I'm a freak, I know. But, I know there have to be other people out there with the same question, so I'm going to buck-up and ask it for all of us. I am woman! {That last bit was for you Rach}

Anyways, today I plan on finishing Out of the Silent Planet. I finally finished The Road and I have to say I think I enjoyed it. I wasn't too fond of the ending, I felt it was a little lacking, but I think that was the point...did leave Cormick with room to make it into a series of some sort if he wants to, though; since he does seem to write in series/trilogies, etc. Anywho, I'm pretty behind on Harry Potter, and I still can't find the box that Redeeming Love ended up in...hmph, I am frustrated. I think once I finish Out of the Silent Planet I will hit up The Life of Pi. It's sitting in my parents' garage, so I may as well take advantage of a free book with no deadlines for return, right?? Right.

Well, all, I'm off to read my day away and maybe run some errands with my faja. Happy Friday!!

Shalom,
~MW

5 comments:

Josh and Ricci said...

Dove. It makes your sweat smell like ginger and nectarines.

What more do you need?

The Green Tea-Cucumber one is also good.

Miss Willow said...

OoOoOh! Lovely!! :) I'll give it a whirl.

Kacy said...

I also use Dove.

And I have the swirly ichthus.

Anonymous said...

I use Degree, but it doesn't always work... so on days i feel it's gonna be bad, I go with some CertainDry too. and that lasts 72 hours, so that's a plus....

and whoop for LOST!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! :-D

alyssa said...

not secret.. that's what i'm using right now and i've been sweating through shirts like crazy too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...