Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A few questions....

....because I do not have enough brain power to fuel a full-blown post today, but I feel you all deserve something, since this week has seen some of Miss Willow's not so merry adventures...


listening: to some Straylight Run, Safetysuit, and the like on Pandora... (Pandora = best invention ever, especially when all of your music is currently chillin' on your external harddrive, as you wait for your lappy's ambulance to get here and take it away...)

eating: nothing as of yet, but contemplating what I should make for dinners...pastas maybe? I really should go grocery shopping.

drinking: some lady grey tea, mmmm :)

wearing: Jesus Whoop! A&M T-shirt + jeans + socks (it's cold up here today)

feeling: a touch conflicted, but somewhat relieved - God is so in control and I can rest easily in that promise. Our timing is not always in line with His, and that's ok.

thankful: that my life has been blessed with so, so many beautiful friends to keep my spirits up, and listen to me when I need to talk, and pray for me when I need prayer, and tell me like it is when I'm not seeing things clearly, and encourage me at just the perfect time with just the perfect scripture or piece(s) of wisdom. I love y'all.

weather: chilly and breezy...crisp, one might say...hello FT fall :)

watching: Jake's breathing while he sleeps...those are some deep breaths there, puppy-wuppy!

wanting: to be finished with my M.S. so I can be back in Texas - I miss it...and my people.

needing
: to tidy up, read, grocery shop, work, sleep.

thinking: about this mess of a week, my beautiful friendships, what being a grad student really means (...having no life, how's that for toning it down, Katy?? Lol.)

enjoying: my research...it's overwhelming, but I like it; having a dog...he frustrates me at times (like when he opens my kitchen cabinets and pulls out my kitchen trash can and strews the trash around), but I love him

wondering: when BigBoy will forgive me for bringing a dog into our home...I miss cuddling with him on the couch and watching him patrol around making sure everything is up to his standards; why I decided spending the next three years in the FT was going to be a good idea (Heavenly Daddy, remind me of your providence and omnipotence...I need reassurance from you that this is where YOU have me for a reason that is yours and not my own.)


That pretty much sums it for the moment. Off to clean and cook (?) I go.

Love, love, love you, readers.

Shalom,
~MW

Questions were lovingly stolen from my darling rhum (absolutely cannot wait for our rendezvous come October!!!) over at The Humphrey Happenings.

5 comments:

Kacy said...

Re: your awesome e-mail:
I don't have a skype name because I've never done that before. I need to get on that.

Miss Willow said...

Hahaha. Kacy, love: I love that you responded to my email here - fantastic. Get on making that Skype name, lady!!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

love this post! i did one similar about a week or so ago.

thanks for "toning it down" for me- ha! love that i got a little shout-out there. :)

praying for you and that God would make clear to you His will and His reason for putting you up there for this phase of life. praying you will continue to settle in and adjust to such new surroundings- God's given me a little insight as to how those prayers look!

ps- have i ever mentioned how much i want to be 'real life' friends? because i do.

"love, love, love" you too.

Mom and Pop Pry said...

I really look forward to your posts, Sweetie, and I can't wait to see some moths when you get Yoshi back....no rush, I just like lab "stuff". :) Hope you have a better week and that you continue to enjoy and excell in your research. Love you! MomPry

Miss Willow said...

Katy: You just continue to make my day...seriously. Thank you so very much for your sweet prayers - I know you understand (probably better than me) how those prayers look :) Ummm...I want SO badly to be "real life" friends, like you have no idea. I think our fb friendship is a step in the right direction :) Loooove you!

Mom Pry: I adore you. You encourage me so much. As soon as I get my hands on some of "my" moths I'll post some pictures, for sure :) Love you, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...