Pages

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...Home.

While I do have the holidays on my mind after a surprisingly large number of convos with Jake about them (who knew I would find my way into the lives of so many people who have a ridiculous affinity for the holidays like I do?!), I can't quite decorate for the holidays (any of them) yet...it is, however, almost cool enough here for me to call it fall!! Which means....FALL DECOR! Some of my absolute fav, outside of Christmas, of course. But, I digress...

I am officially out of boxes to unpack! WHOOP! Glory, Hallelujah! Etc., etc., etc. All of the boxes I moved in with have either been broken down and taken to the recycling bin, or broken down and stored away in my GIGANTINORMOUS storage closet. (pictures to come!)

This is what I worked on today:


It's my little visiting corner...I just LOVE it!

Ok, ok...so maybe it's a bit hodge-podge...but, it's homey and it makes me happy. Plants, pictures of people I love, wood, color...makes my heart sing...and, those are vertical blinds on the right side of the picture, allowing for a substantial amount of light and quick access to le balcony! FTW!

I set this up a few days ago, and I'm pretty pleased with it as well:



Sorry it's a bit dark...but you get the idea.
It's my whimsically fancy set-up :)


I have a few other things in progress...but they aren't quite ready yet - pictures to come later on!

Have I mentioned how much I love these rolls???



They are seriously one of my favorite things ever.

They are SO good! And easy. Grab however many you want out of the freezer, let them rise for an hour in an oven that has pre-heated to 200 degrees F (and has then been shut off) with a bowl of water on the rack below the pan. Then bake at 350 for 20-25min. If you don't want to do the "quick bake" you let them rise for like 5-6hrs and then you bake them...I usually don't plan out what I want for dinner that far in advance, though....

Oh! I don't think I told you all that they DO have Dr. Pepper here!! See, proof!


Mmm, mmm, good.

I have also acquired my very own Rainbow Foods card! Their brand name is "Roundy's." The only thing I'm not too sure how I feel about is that it's a gas rewards program (kind of like Kroger has), which is awesome...but they do everything through BP fuel stations...le sigh, I'm just not so sure how I feel about that. But...the in-store savings are still "Pretty Good!" (You're welcome, Jake!)




Oh! I forgot to tell you all how church went on Sunday! I tried a different church than I did last Sunday, and I must say that I liked this one much better. I'm still not sure if I will be calling it home, but it was, over-all, a much better experience. I ended up being a few minutes late, because I can't read: I-35E does not = Hwy 36... Just so you know... But, to my credit, part of my directions did involve getting on I-35W... I went to Good Shepherd Lutheran (LCMS) in Circle Pines. It was very small, much like my home church in Arlington. There is good and bad to that. Good: I love the community that comes with small churches - it's just, good. Bad: I'm pretty much the only 20-something in existence. This can be a little exhausting at times, to be completely honest. That's something I've always wished for at BSLC: that there were more people in my age group around. So, I'll have to think about that first. But, I have a few other churches I want to try.

The pastor was great. The congregation has been going through a series on "Heroes of the Bible," and this week the character in question was Rahab. I absolutely love Rahab's story, so it was exciting for me to hear a whole sermon devoted to her. If you aren't familiar with her, you can find her story in Joshua 2. She's the prostitute who hide Joshua's spies during the battle of Jericho. The part of the wall where Rahab's "inn" was is the only part of the wall that didn't fall on the day the Israelites walked around the wall 7 times and the wall fell. Rahab later went on to marry into God's family and bore Boaz who married Ruth and bore Obed who fathered Jesse...do you know what this means?? A prostitute played a key role in furthering the line of Christ! How awesome is that?! I mean, what an incredible example of how God can forgive our sins and use even the "worst" of us for greatness. SO COOL! (I also just read Matt 1 as part of my study today...Christ's genealogy...it's all kind of fresh in my mind...I get a little excited sometimes :) So, yeah, I liked the sermon. The worship, well, it wasn't what I'm used to, but it wasn't bad...quaint with a touch of folksy might be the best way to describe it.

After service I got to visit with a number of the members and met the (ehem, three...) college kids...they made me feel old...haha. But, they were all really fun kids and I can see us enjoying one another's company. I exchanged contact info with the pastor's daughter - she's a fun, artsy gal and we had a nice little visit. I was hoping to invite her over for dinner one night this week...but I got sick (no worries, I got beh-tah!)...so that hasn't happened yet. Hmph! I'm trying a different church this Sunday just to make sure I'm not missing where I'm supposed to be. Trying to keep my heart, eyes, and ears open to God's direction in finding my new church home. He's always provided just what I needed and I know He will do the same here.

So, that has been my life of late. Hope you are all well...miss you all like you would not believe.

Shalom and blessings!
~MW

P.S. - I have a confession to make...I am officially addicted to Criminal Minds. Man, is it interesting!! Geez!

9 comments:

Kacy said...

I recognize that red pot on the stove!
Those rolls look amazing! And so does the Dr. Pepper!
I've been on a Sister Shubert's kick in terms of rolls. They're nice, too. And they only take 5 minutes. Can't beat it!

Miss Willow said...

Haha, yes ma'am! Courtesy of the Bunte Family I have plenty of pots and pans - y'all ROCK! The rolls are Rhode's Bake'n'Serve...I'm sure they're terrible for you and probably don't come anywhere near my hippie foods standards, but eh, they work for now, and they are indeed tasty. Miss you! Love you!

skatej said...

BP stations, so I hear, are not any longer associated with British Petroleum, the company that is responsible for the oil spill. I think the US and UK split or something, but that's why all the news stories are talking about how the BP boycott is going nowhere and making station owners go out of business, because really the only person it hurts is the local station owner.
So glad you're feeling at home!

Mom and Pop Pry said...

LOVE your lamps! And I know those rolls are great! Aaaand the Dr. Pepper is unchallenged in it's greatness! I hope you find where God wants to use you soon, sweet girl. :)

Miss Willow said...

Skate: Huh, hadn't heard about that. Coolio. Thanks for the heads up!

Mom and Pop: Thanks! Wanna know the best part?? They were absolutely free! Got 'em from an old prof - so good. Haha, the Dr. Pepper is indeed unchallenged in its greatness. :)

Jake said...

So I know that Rainbow is beautiful but... Roundy's? Really? Oh well, what's in a name right? So today my new flat-mate was going through the closet and guess what she found? Give up? Two strings of Christmas lights. Hands down the greatest kind of light that there is.

I am so glad and a little envious that you have Dr. Pepper. All we have is Coke and Fanta which are still... haha, well you can fill that in :)

Your story about the sermon was great! It is so awesome how the Lord uses those that you expect least to accomplish His purposes in such a huge way. Gives me hope that I can contribute because you do not have to be perfect because He already took care of that, we just have to obey (four letters are are freakin hard to adhere to).

Psyched to see you mostly settled in! I will talk to you soon!

Miss Willow said...

Jake! Yeah, Roundy's is kinda a lame name...but what did you expect them to come up with? They didn't ask YOU about it first! Or did they...? ;)

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!! Epic! Awesome! God. Loves. YOU!

Those 4 letters are indeed difficult to adhere to...SO difficult.

And, p.s. it's a SKINK!!! =]

carriehammie said...

lovin your home decor! :)

Miss Willow said...

Thanks, CAM!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...