Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm wishing...

...I had leftovers from my previous adventure in the kitchen...I'm hungry, and somehow do NOT have a can opener??? How in da....?! Yeah, that definitely threw a hitch in my "plans" for dinner this evening.

As I was Skyping with Jake and B this evening I started getting raaaaather grumpy...at which point I realized that, other than a few sticks of french toast, I hadn't really eaten at all today - never a good plan for me. What I had consumed, however, was and ungodly amount of coffee...and it wasn't even good coffee (Jake, shut it. Shuuut it. I know the sin I am committing by consuming this, errr, stuff, but it's all I have and beggars cannot be choosers...so, until I get paid the end of next month, *cough!* Folgers *cough!* it is....*runs and cries a pool of tears in the corner*)!! The point being, not eating real food on top of drinking lots of caffeine is never a good idea. So, I went to my cupboards and found: tuna! "Perfect! I haven't had a tuna salad sandwich in forever! This is going to be awesome!" Pick up where I left you in the first paragraph of this post: no can opener + no pocket knife (as Jake and B so kindly reminded me) = no tunafish for this lady. Eff! So, I, instead, had a few pickle spears and a huge bowl of yogurt. That still does not constitute a meal, in case you were wondering. I never stopped being hungry, but I just didn't want to cook...I should have opened my freezer...which I am about to do so I can actually get some sleeps tonight. I have microwaveable foods in the freezer <-- another good reason to eat: it helps prevent MEMORY LOSS!!!

Haha, well, other than not really taking care of my dietary needs today, I did get a lot of unpacking done!!! WHOOP! I am officially down to 2 - count it! - boxes of books and I know exactly where they are going! Such a grood (great and good!) feeling. Now it's pretty much just deciding which boxes to keep and where to start hanging things (I just typed that word three times before getting it right...I need to go to bed). Yay nesting!!

Ummm, and as I am now inhaling second-hand smoke from the folks outside our building door (one of the few draw-backs to my complex, I think I just might be the only person who lives here and does not smoke), I am going to close my balcony door, grab a quick snack, and hit the hay.

Happy almost Sunday to you all!

Shalom!
~MW

1 comment:

Jake said...

You know I can't judge for the coffee! I will take a picture of what I have been drinking over here for you and you will totally be the one judging me! Its all about adaptation. So far other than the ironing of under garments (which seems to me a total waste of labor) I think I am doing quite well. I am glad that you found something to satiate that little hungry monster that comes out of you :) I hope that church was awesome! I do want to hear about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...