Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Never fear, Jake is here!!

Haha...depending on who you are, reading that title might be a wee bit confusing.

Am I talking about a person?

Am I talking about a dog?

Hmmm...who/what could I possibly talking about?

WHO is Jake?

Jake is this sweet thing:


Pampered much?
{Please excuse the mess of a desk in the
background...I'm mid packing, and it's not pretty}


He's my new puppy dog!! And by puppy, I mean, seasoned adult of a dog...but you know, "they're always babies to us..." Or something like that... But, that's beside the point.

I am absolutely head-over-heels for this dog, second to BigBoy (of course)...


...Sorry Grimm, my love,
[IMG_0283.JPG]
you're gonna have to slide down spot #3, but don't you worry, Fun Aunt Heather will always visit and take you to the park - maybe you and Jakers can have a play date someday! {Yes, Ricci, I totally stole this from your blog...}

Jake is definitely one of the few things I have at my fingertips that brings me instantaneous joy. Now if I could just get BigBoy to hurry up and like him...there's the kicker. He'll come around, he always does - it just takes him a little while to warm up to new critters.

So, yes, even though the new addition to my menagerie is proving to be a little bit of pain on the search for a new home, I couldn't be happier.

We already have a little routine going. Every morning we wake up and go play some fetch and then we play another round in the evenings before dinner. Sometimes we play a few more rounds during the day...it's just been so hot this week - we haven't done a lot of that.

So, there you are my lovelies. A cheery post for your reading pleasure :)

I'll let you know as soon as I find a little home to nestle my menagerie into...only time will tell.

Hope your week has been a blessed one.

Shalom!
~MW

P.S. - thanks for all of the encouragement. I'm so blessed to have it pouring in from seemingly all corners of the earth. :]

[Edit: I totally forgot to thank Patrick and Sarah and Zach for sharing Jake with me and letting me take him up to the FT with me - y'all are the best cousins a gal could ask for. I will miss you so, so terribly!!!]

2 comments:

Jake said...

I love it! Your pets are definitely worth a little extra searching. And I can say that now as it looks like you have some good news on that front! I appreciate very much the superman questioning at the beginning. Have to say I am pretty psyched that your pup has my name. I am glad that you are in a better place little lady. Miss ya from Africa!

-Jake (not the dog)

♥ S. said...

Glad that we were able to provide you a companion, a watchdog, a friend...and him a good home where he'll get PLENTY of the attention he so badly wants (and no more of the kinds he's not after...Zachary!! *lol*). It's weird without him, for sure, and Leo and Milo are still a little confused, but that picture says it ALL! =)

Glad that things finally went smooth-sailing for you, and that you guys were able to get up there and get unloaded safely.

Can't wait to Skype with you and see the new place! Best invention ever, for sure!

Love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...