Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures in the kitchen

Hokay. So, here is de eeearth... I mean...today, while I was being rather unproductive, I got to thinking about what I should make for dinner.

I have plenty of "box" meals...hamburger helper, read beans & rice, etc. But, I just wasn't feeling any of that tonight. I wanted to cook. And so, cook I did!

I grabbed some jalapeno sausage, whole wheat spaghetti, fresh spinach, carrots, eggs, chili powder, aaaaand tabasco sauce and made some magic happen! I got my inspiration from the one, the only, Josh Ponder...and his epically famous fried rice. {Mmmm, I miss it so.} I was hoping I had some rice in my cabinet, but alas, no such luck. So, I went with le noodles. I threw it all together in my skillet, and this glorious dish is what emerged:


Delicious and spicy!

I also attempted my awesome blog friend, and sister in Christ, Katy's tortilla recipe. I figure, "Hey, if it works for them in Africa, then surely it will work in the FT!" And, lo and behold, it did!!! So, so tasty and fresh and delicious and warm. Yummy!


Mmm, mmm, good!

Real quick, if y'all don't know the Stones or Jake, could I encourage you to check them out and include them in your prayers? Those three are just starting off on an incredible adventure in Zambia. Their blogs are fun and out of the ordinary from our daily lives here in America. And Katy posts lots of pictures! Bonus!

So, today my plan was to get up early and get lots done...that did not happen. I snoozed for an ungodly amount of time before finally turning the alarm to "off," at which point I went back to sleep for another 2hrs... Sigh... This morning, well...let's just say I never really met it. Jake - the dog - finally woke me up because he had to go out...sorry puppy, I was a bad mommy today :( I had every intention of taking him to a dog park today, but didn't. I did, however find a good amount of dog parks near my humble abode - hoorays! Maybe while everyone is out at the state fair this weekend he and I can go have a play date :]

I was also supposed to go get my student ID made today...well....that will have to wait until tomorrow morning. I fail.

But! In good news: MY NEW PHONE came today!! Sadly it isn't a super smart smart phone, but it is my same old phone, and it's new, and so far it works like a charm. I can now make/read text messages and call whoever I want to call! Whoop!

I did do some more unpacking today, too. And, the hissers are all set with their normal set-up, they seem much happier to be out of their little critter carrier. They're such troopers. The place is finally starting to come together. I still have a few random things hanging around in random places that I'm just not quite sure what to do with or where to put. My room...well, it still needs a lot of work, but in due time :)

Well kids, that's all for now.

Shalom!
~MW


7 comments:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

yay! so glad the tortillas worked for you! :) we probably eat them 3-4 nights a week. (ps- something i've learned is to only make as many as you plan on eating that night and save the rest of the dough in the fridge to make later in the week. they don't keep well and they're sooo much better fresh!!)

and thanks for the shout-out. i'm glad we're able to keep you all back home updated.

glad you're starting to make this new place home!

Miss Willow said...

Haha, Katy, I totally understand how and why you make them so often - they are super easy and delish! I'll keep the dough partitioning in mind, fo sho. We are all beyond glad you can keep us updated, too :) Once I get everything set-up I'll post a little tour of the place...gimme another week or two, haha.

Mom and Pop Pry said...

I say you got a well-deserved rest after your busy August...you did good. I used to make homemade tortillas and we all really liked them...a little labor intensive but so worth it. Hope you enjoy your weekend! :) Cheryl Pry

Miss Willow said...

Aww, well thanks :) The tortillas are indeed delish. Happy weekend to you, too!!

Jake said...

ROUND! haha, I like it. So its fun being creative when you have solid back-up options in case it falls through, at least it's that way for me. I am glad that it worked out for you though, it looks sooo tasty! I am talking to you on Skype right now and I am sure that it is super loud cause my key board is so noisy so I am done :)

Miss Willow said...

Haha, so, I read this in my email and was totally confused. 'Cause I had forgotten how I opened this post...woops! And it was indeed tasty :) Hoorays for the Skypeage!!

carriehammie said...

i love making random dishes with noodles! tonight, in fact, i mixed olives, garlic cloves, feta and mozzarella cheese in pasta, in it was... decent! i think i'm a fan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...