Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

78 degreeeees

So, today was definitely a scorcher! We topped out at 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Man, I thought I was gonna die. NOT! Today was gorgeous! Breezes, and lovely temperatures. I've had the windows open all day, the a/c off...didn't use the a/c in the car - it was awesome.

Haha, so I was chatting with one of my neighbors a little while ago when I took Jake out for a quick stroll and he says to me, "Man, it was a long hot day today..." I just kind of looked at him for a sec and thought about what he said and replied, "It wasn't hot today..." "Yeah! We wuz ovah in Bloomington an' it wuz eighty-sixxx, mein!" "Haha! I just moved up from Texas...86 is not hot." "Ahhh, yeeeah, aight yeah, you used to dat, then..."

Aaaaand, Jake - the dog has successfully destroyed a tennis ball

R.I.P purple tennis ball...you served us well for all of...1 day


So today I went to the AT&T store to see what they had to say about my tele iss. And here is what I got: the guy {super nice, btw} did a full examination of my phone and said that I clearly hadn't dropped it or flushed it down the toilet or anything like that. So it's a matter of them sending me a new tele and me sending my old one back to them. It should be here Thurs/Fri!! So, I can answer calls and call the last person who has called me. So...if you need to talk to me call me or facebook me or email me or comment on the blog!

I'm still slightly in boxes, but it's getting there!

I've been spending a lot of time up at the lab already so that has stalled my unpacking and setting-up, but that's alright. Tomorrow, I get to start practicing dissections with my moths! I am way excited! I have a huge stack of literature to add to the books I showed you yesterday...I am slightly overwhelmed, to be honest. But it's all very exciting. I love learning about new organisms (generally), and since these critters will by my life for the next 3 years, I'm gonna have to get excited about them, and honestly, they have some of the neatest genitalia (don't freak out, genitalia is key in defining who these moths are) eeeeever!

Well kids, my brain isn't entirely functional at the moment, so I'm going to call it a night on the blogfront.

Shalom & Blessings!
~MW

5 comments:

Katy {and Kahler} said...

Wow! Our weather is about the same right now- PERFECT! (especially coming from the middle of a Texas summer.) But, I'm afraid that won't last long as they both turn to extreme opposites here in a few months.

Enjoy the weather, yay for a new phone, and I'll be praying you adjust to life quickly up there! :)

Kacy said...

I am not sure I've ever read the word "genitalia" in a blog. That's a new one.

Miss Willow said...

Katy, I know! The weather is lovely...but it is kind of making me nervous...it's not even the end of August and it's starting to cool off...yikes!

Kacy, glad to be of service ;)

Jake said...

You told me not to freak out buuuuuut, maybe kinda did a little. When I did the little bit of baby genetics ento I was decapitating all kinds of stuff though it was mostly fruit flies and sexing was done by size and color Dr. Johnson said that there was an 'ovipositor' but, what that looked like I only pretended to understand.

Your 'black guy' encounter is awesomely documented! The Zambians tell us that it is going to be very hot in October but, I tell them where I am from (which usually means nothing) then I tell them how hot it gets in Texas and they agree that the heat will not be so big a problem.

So glad to hear about your news on the cellular phone front. You enjoy the crap out of that, I am sure that you will own the place within the first month wanna know how? (well I was going to insert a joke from The office here but instead) Cause you are awesome. Done and done

Miss Willow said...

Jake: Way to not listen to my advice...lol. Fly ovipositors suuuuck. They are impossible, in my 'umble opinion (<--- see what I did there??).

Hopefully the new tele will come in tomorrow or Friday. I will let you know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...