Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sorry for the lateness... (Plus Moving Happenings...II)

Hey kids,

So sorry for the gap between posts this week - it was crazy!!

So, I last left off telling you about how my mom had come into town and she was helping me spruce up my little apartment. Well, might I just say: mission accomplished!!!!

In my humble opinion it looks lovely! Things really started to come together as we put our noggins together and experimented with furniture arrangement, decor options, etc. I would post pictures, but my camera is currently out of commission...I need to pickup some batteries. So, maybe next time...

However, I must tell you about the best part of this apartment: I have a hummingbird friend!!! Oh, it is SO exciting! I put up this cheap little $6 hummingbird feeder from Wal-Mart and filled it with 97cent nectar juice and the next morning I had a hummer!!! Didn't see the little one for a day or two after that, but then I saw him (though I think it might be a her...coloration is kind of dull, but I'm really not sure - I'll let you know if I figure it out!) throughout the day on Saturday - ah, this is bliss :) I've decided that I'm going to invest in some bottle-brush plants to see if I can get any more.

My mom and I had a great visit and I was sad to see her go, but we both had to get back to reality...lame!

So, Thursday B and I went and took some engagement pictures of my friends Brad and Kira. These two are amazing. They made an almost exact replica of the American Gothic (the painting with they farmer couple and the dude holding a pitchfork) - it was perfection!!! So that was real fun.

Friday I watched some peeps graduate...summer graduation ceremonies are so short!!! After that I went to work for a bit and then had a lovely evening the Humphreys: We made THE most DELISH blueberry ice cream. Seriously, to die for....we were are pretty much in heaven. And we enjoyed some Planet Earth with our dinner and finished off the night with Mama Mia! Cute movie - I loved Ricci's sing-a-long moments :) After that my lovely Katie came to visit!! We ran around town a little bit on Saturday...we went and saw our old house: We have officially been shown up! So sad. After she left I sliced and diced and mixed and arranged some good eats for Kristie and Lionel's wedding with Patricia and Dr. Wharton - good times. This wedding was absolutely lovely! It was in their backyard, SUPER small, I mean there was probably about 20-30 people there. I mean, we are talking dinky! But it was beautiful and way fun. I just love those two people. Kristie my entomologist extraordinaire and Lionel her burly Aussie. Super fun stuff. Whew! What a whirlwind of a week!!!

Well, I must finish getting ready for church - I think I'm going to pot some plants when I get home this afternoon!! Hmm...and maybe go pick-up a bottle-brush.... I love plants :)

Happy Sunday, all!

~MW

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...